Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Now that the Revolution has begun

Am I excited?, of course I am, the long awaited Nigerian revolution has begun and the people are saying a big NO to poor governance and bad leadership. Being an advocate who has always inspired social and political awareness among Nigerians, I am glad to see the spirit of the people awakening accompanied by an overwhelming cry for development and eradication of corruption.

The hash tag #OccupyNigeria is trending all over the world on social media and global News organisations. We are passing the message to our government the world,we would no longer be docile while leaders continue to drag us down the drain. Yes,#OCCUPYNIGERIA.

Standing up and saying no is however a personal thing. You have to ask yourself why you are standing in Freedom park or marching in solidarity. WHY AM I OCCUPYING?, is what you must answer. You do not need a complex jumble of words to answer this question,most times two or three words would do.

Your protest must be based on a conviction that inspires you to patriotism,not on a fool's journey inspired by mischief and irresponsibility. I am adding my voice to the loud cry because I know government on every level is functioning below par and my Nigeria must take its rightful place as a global leader among the comity of nations.

What about you Sir/Ma, why do you #occupynigeria?

No comments:

Post a Comment