Saturday, February 9, 2013

Happy birthday OLAKUNLE SORIYAN

Join me in celebrating Olakunle Soriyan, a father and mentor, whose ideology has fostered thought revolutions in the minds of many, including myself. The first of his work "SELF BRANDING" which I had the great opportunity of listening to back in the university, I remember buying by contributing the amount with Temitope Atiba, my friend and colleague.
Since then I have met and interacted with P.K as he is fondly
called by almost everyone and the experience for want of a better phrase as always been mind blowing. I consider it mandatory that you get a copy of his material and digest it, you can always thank me later.
Allow me to share some wisdom pills which I copied from his blog and which you can also view by following this link: www.olakunlesoriyan.wordpress.com

"Though POSSESSING a WINNING POTENTIAL that CAN RULE the WORLD, Our People OVER-RATE their CONTENTS and UNDER-RATE their IGNORANCE so much that their "TRUE" NEXT LEVELS in LIFE will "ALWAYS REMAIN KNOWN by them, at times, by ALL, BUT sadly UNATTAINABLE" only because they WILL NOT DECIDE what is UNNECESSARY in their PRESENT and WILL NOT EMBRACE the DISCIPLINES inherent in a PREVAILING PRESENT. But the SEEMING COMFORT of WEAK RESULTS in a WEAK SYSTEM, CELEBRATED by WEAK MINDS can keep those people EXCITED…yet, they REMAIN at their BEST, ONE-EYED KINGS in the LAND of the BLIND…And at their WORST, "NOBODYs".
Let NOBODY DECIEVE you, the HUMAN SPIRIT is DESIGNED to CONNECT to its TRUTH and necessary WISDOM. So, FOOLISHNESS CANNOT be an INDEPENDENT VARIABLE…but a DEPENDENT ONE—it REQUIRES HUMAN COOPERATION for EXPRESSION. FOOLISHNESS is actually a CHOICE! Please note…my MANY FOOLISH ACTS taught me this. I was the KING of FOOLS.
In an IMPERFECT WORLD like OURS, there is a LEVEL of PEACE, JOY and FULFILLMENT you will NEVER EXPERIENCE till you HUMBLE yourself ENOUGH to BEGIN to DESIRE and WORK to BE the KIND of PERSON you WISH SOMEONE ELSE was to YOU."
Happy Birthday Sir, I know your best is yet to come and I sincerely wish a lot more people can learn from your pot of wisdom.
Adedunmade Onibokun Esq.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant write up bro. Indeed he's a blessing to this generation in which I'm part of. Long life is your portion PK

    ReplyDelete