Thursday, June 16, 2011

THE NIGERIAN WEAKNESS

Sitting in my living room and listening to Olakunle Soriyan as he teaches about the concept of weakness and the way it cripples the mindset of people, I cannot help but agree with his theories.

As I continue to ponder on these principles,my mind is brought to the effect of how this folly as rubbed Nigeria of the capacity to fully attain its potential as a Nation.

Take for example the common belief that Nigeria's greatest weakness is the amalgamation of different tribes who share nothing in common and the forced marriage between the people of these different regions.

This factor has been the theme of various arguments,the results of which has led to a number of people proposing that the country be divided and each region should go its seperate way.

However I ask myself,is our union truly a weakness or is it actually opportunity and strength in disguise, Should we regard it as a disability or as a unique ability. Should our country be a salad bowl instead of a melting pot?

I believe there is no such thing as a weakness so I always look for the strength in all things. Doesn't our union bless our country with;
1. A beautiful landscape and a viable centre for tourist attractions

2.An opportunity to share cultures,food,languages and beliefs.

3.Hasn't our multiculturalism been a platform for social growth.

Kindly comment and share your views. What strengths and opportunities do you believe our union affords us as a people. Instead of looking at our perceived weaknesses,why don't we focus on our strengths.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment