Monday, February 28, 2011

NUHU our HERO

Youths in Nigeria are faced with one problem,our inability to find good role models and mentors in the political sphere of our society.
I would never refer men like Bode George, James Ibori, Lucky Igbinedion or any of the shameless and selfish politicians to anyone as a reliable person to learn from or emulate, for the hands of these men are dug deep into corruption and unpatriotic acts.

However I cannot help but notice the gentleman Nuhu Ribadu,in a Nation where corruption has become a way of life He has continued to stand out and fight against it.

With his former position as the Chairman of EFCC,he had the opportunity to amass great personal wealth,ignore his duty of care to Nigerians and collude with other wealthy and highly placed Nigerians to rob our Nation and the People of our country's resources. But he chose a path of righteousness and refused to accept millions of dollars as bribe,please tell me how many men you know in Nigeria that can do such,even you reading,can you reject such a great amount if given to you.

In his 4 years in EFCC,he took the commission to great heights and put the fear of the anti corruption agency into the hearts of unclean politicians. He was later victimised for wanting a change,he was demoted all in a bid to punish him,some tried to poison him while others even shot at him.

Nuhu Ribadu is the shinning example of the adage that says "If you cannot beat them,you must stand aloof" and also that "a good name is better than silver or gold", I was once met him at the recent launch of his book in Abuja and I could not help but notice his simple life style and the love he shared with his family. Nuhu truly is a great man.

Nuhu Ribadu is a blessing to Nigeria and we the youths. If we truly want a change in Nigeria,I would urge you all to vote him for President, I for one would.

Do not believe only my words when I refer to Nuhu Ribadu as a true Nigerian hero but you may also carry out your personal investigations and studies into the life of these great man and I am confident you would discover what I also discovered. That a new Nigeria is possible with him at the helm of our affairs.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment