Thursday, February 24, 2011

POWER OF THE MASSES

Nigerians have always felt powerless against the rule of dictators and selfish politicians. Our Country is being governed by leaders who squander public funds and do not provide dividends of democracy to the common man.

I have heard statements such as; "it does not concern me" and "wetin man go do" from many Nigerians. Nigerians should realise that not only are the people the most powerful institution in this Country but also that by coming together,we can achieve anything.

Recent events in Egypt and currently in Libya show that the revolution of the common man is the key to fighting a failed system of government. In both countries,protesters came out in their millions to speak against tyrannical governance.

A wind of revolution is blowing across Africa and whether it would reach Nigeria depends largely on the outcome of the April 2011 elections.

If however I am not satisfied by my government who is meant to serve me,I would take to the streets and demand a change,the only way it would work though is if you join me.

Hope you would be ready?
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment