Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Showdown presidential debate with Bashorun Dele Momodu

Guest in the studio is: Mr Dele Momodu presidential aspirant of the National Conscience Party (NCP)

Panellists are:
Adedunmade Onibokun

Temitope Atiba

 Toyosi Akerele

Mr Dele Momodu; I urge Nigerian to come out and vote because the ruling
party has been in power for 12 years, and twelve years of hardship and no action, so for a change all we just need is just to go out there and cast our vote.

Toyosi: If you become president of Nigeria today, how would you empower Nigerians to hold you accountable just in case don't deliver on our aspirations?

Dele Momodu: It will be impossible for me to be a president and not deliver. I am a
technocrat who is going to use the platform of politics to change Nigeria. So if you look at it 15 years ago, I promised Africans that I will deliver the best magazine in the world. I did it, it's about track record.

Toyosi: Young Nigerians will like to know how exactly would you empower Nigerians to hold you accountable?

Dele Momodu: To be a leader it is by trust, everyone who knows me know that when I say
something I will do it and I am always effective in all I do. In 1993 I worked with Chief M.K.O Abiola during the June 12 election and when that
election was annulled I was among the one of the first people that was arrested by the Babangida regime. He left me Abacha came and charged me
for treason, all this did not deter me from identifying with the people. So we are looking at consistency a lot of who are coming into politics today have
no pedigree.

Temitope Atiba: Ovation magazine is known to celebrate wealthy people in the society, and some people that were celebrated over time are the people we generally see
as corrupt. With the cordial relationship with this people, how do you intend to bring them to book?

Dele Momodu: A good reporter is to report without fear or favour.  In fact Ovation has
promoted Africans, Ovation has really helped and impacted positively in Nigeria. Ovation has also created employment opportunities for the youths
and for various calibres of people like musicians and so on.

Unknown to you, I am the most consistent writer, writings essays about issues
affecting Nigeria since 1987. So there is no way I could be biased.

Adedunmade : Despite billions that have been invested in the power sector there seems to
be no viable change.  How do you intend to put an end to the power
generation problem in this country?

Dele Momodu: I will be a leader who from day one make the best use of what we have at hand, after that we can now implement institutions that will look into what has been done in the past. When a country has a good leader then there will
be enough facilities to work with.

Adedunmade: Are you saying that you are not going to look into those people that have
collected such contracts, to verify if they were actually executed or not?

Dele Momodu: My immediate priority is to is to redeem this nation from its present state
the country. …if I decide to probe everyone a lot of  time would  be spent on that and at the end of the day I might not be able to deliver anything.

Toyosi: There are so many challenges in the country. The lecturers are on strike,
there is cultism in our universities, and there is no job around. Can you tell us some of the strategies you will use in tackling these nagging problems?

Dele Momodu: As you know I am a young man, and the only candidate today who has publicly announced that I will create 200,000 jobs if elected in the 2011 elections. That is why Nigerians should stop listening those who have been their
performances right now. Nigerians must learn from successful people who have
done successful businesses. We will encourage people to have a feasible business plan. Another plan is to invest into farming to produce billionaire farmers in the country.

Toyosi: When you decleared to contest for the presidency in the 2011 election, how did your constituency and Nigerians react to this?

Dele Momodu: That is the problem Nigeria is facing with the media, the media in Nigeria
believes that when you are in government, then you are not a successful man. I assure that miracle will happen in Nigeria because most of the
people you call youth leaders today are just hypocrite who are lying to the youths.

Toyosi: How do you plan to solve the problems in the education sector?

Dele Momodu: To alleviate the problem Nigeria is facing in the education sector, my
government will ensure three basic things are done. Number one is to upgrade all our schools nationwide because it is important for students to learn in a comfortable and conducive environment.

The second action plan is to re-train our teachers. We will create avenue for teachers to acquire more knowledge. And the third plan is to revive and
restructure the whole academic curriculum.

Adedunmade: What are your plans for the nagging problems in the Niger Delta?

Dele Momodu: The only solution to the problems in the Niger Delta is to provide the basic
amenities like good roads, clean water and other necessary things for people of the region.

Toyosi: How will you rate the performance of President Good luck Jonathan in the
past 9 months?

Dele Momodu: I will say nothing has happened in the past 9 months, we have no good roads,
no electricity, and everything is just the same.
Sent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone, from Etisalat. Enjoy high speed internet service with Etisalat easy net, available at all our experience centres

No comments:

Post a Comment